Sunday, October 9, 2016

Cyrano's - "That Trendy But Casual Dessert Place You Take Your Date To To Make It Look Like You Are More Sophisticated Than You Really Are".

I will start with this is my favorite dessert place in St. Louis.


Located near my university in Webster Groves, I first went to Cyrano's when I was in middle school because my parents and I were at my sister's choir concert. Now then I was a big fan of hot chocolate (or just anything chocolate really) and my dad said after the concert we are going to Cyrano's. My dad convinced me that their hot chocolate was "off the hook" (my dad is cool), and I will say it is one of the best I have had: not too sweet, but the flavor is to die for. Places like Bissengers and Cafe Ventana (later blogs by the way) have great hot chocolates too, but this one has the best balance between sweet and "dark".

Let's jump twelve years from then to today. I am a little older now, I want to impress my date for our special night. Let's say it's 10:29pm and 36 seconds on a Saturday. Take that date to this place.

Here is where I am going with this: Cyrano's has this amazing show/dessert called a flambé, meaning "flamed" in French. After my waiter "pardons my French" when I order one, he roles out this huge table with a pan, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla ice cream, bananas (strawberries and cherries are other options for this), and hard liquor (Forgot what kind, cognac I believe). He pours each in, lights the sugar which makes a sort of spark, and mixes in bananas and the liquor. Lastly, he pours this concoction onto the vanilla ice cream. Say thank you to the waiter/waitress for being awesome, and finish with letting your date try it first.

If your date does not like it or is not impressed with the performance to price ratio, please eat your flambe and notify your date that next time they want a special night it's going to be McDoanlds shakes in your car and sweatpants.

There is a time and place for that too.
Cyrano's website: http://cyranos.com/

She Liked It. Whew.





No comments:

Post a Comment