Sunday, October 9, 2016

Russell's on Macklind - "The South City Machine Where Farmers Send Their Crops and Livestock To Be Turned Into Masterpieces".

I found out about this place when my good friend recently received an entire cake as a present for his birthday. I mean the entire cake. It was some sort of espresso chocolate. My friend didn't care, he said it was amazing.

So I asked his friend where she got the cake that was "crafted by gods" from? She said "this little bakery/restaurant on Macklind Avenue called Russell's, invite me when you go there". Long story short, we are bad guys, we went and forgot to tell her....

First thing you see when you walk in, hostess, bakery, fine seating area. Hostess sat us down upstairs. My friend and I are thinking "so.....where do we get desserts?". Our waitress tells us to go back down, check out the bakery, and come back up with the sweets charged directly to our tab. What we got are in the pictures below, cupcakes and cookies. Yes they were real fruit, yes they were bomb. We would've had dinner there too had we not made prior plan. Definitely for next time lookout: Braised Pork Shoulder, Pork Belly Banh Mi, and Sticky Chicken Legs.

Macklind is a smaller neighborhood in South City, nearby all the assorted suburbia restaurants and stores but within its enclave holds Russell's, Macklind Avenue Deli, and Copper Pig (has a burger made of Korean bulgogi; see Seoul Garden blog), along with some nice neighborhood walking.




1 comment:

  1. Looks nice and delicious. I'll be sure to try this out.

    ReplyDelete